Fundraising Events & Communications Intern
We are currently looking to recruit a committed, enthusiastic and reliable Fundraising Events & Communications Intern to help manage our challenge event portfolio, including our flagship cycling event – Earth Wind & Tyre.
Working from our central Brighton office, we ask for a regular commitment of at least 2 days per week for a minimum period of 3 months. Our standard working hours are 9am – 5.30pm, though we can be flexible to suit. This position is unpaid; however we do offer a daily stipend of £10.
This position will provide the successful candidate with valuable on-the-job experience in the fields of fundraising, event management, communications, as well experience of working in a small international NGO and exposure to the renewable energy industry.
Your main areas of responsibility will include:
- Challenge events: helping to promote and recruit participants for our portfolio of challenge events. Supporting our fundraisers to reach their fundraising targets.
- Comms and PR: assist with event-related communications and publicity (including: e-marketing, social media content, web content and press releases), ensuring that our events and fundraisers are promoted across a range of communication channels.
- Earth Wind & Tyre: support the organisation, promotion and logistics of our flagship challenge event. This will include the recruitment of and ongoing communication with event participants, coordinating event sponsor package benefits, organise the logistics of the event and coordinate the design and procurement of the event merchandise.
- Support during Earth Wind & Tyre: be part of the event support team on 10-11 June, offering logistical support during the challenge.
- Data entry: helping to ensure our supporter database is kept up-to-date.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual who can work independently and is willing to contribute new ideas.
- An interest in events, fundraising and charity communications
- Must be available to work as part of the event support team for Earth Wind & Tyre (9-11 June 2017 inclusive)
- Determination to make our portfolio of challenge events a success
- Good customer service skills, particularly on the telephone
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- IT literate, competency in using Microsoft packages
- The ability to work well as part of a team but also on your own initiative
- Have a full driving licence and be willing to drive a support vehicle during Earth Wind & Tyre
- Experience of using WordPress, Photoshop, Publisher, Salesforce and Mailchimp
Apply for this role
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your availability and why you think you’re suited to the role.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible, so applications will be dealt with and assessed on a rolling basis, as they are received.