Work With Us
We are always keen to work with like minded people who share our passion for sustainable development. Though we don’t often have staff vacancies there are occasionally new roles to fill, any positions we have available will be advertised below.
Programme Communication and Reporting Intern
Reporting To: Programme Reporting and Grants Manager
Salary: Unpaid - £10 Daily Stipend
Duration: 3 months
Application Deadline: 14/04/2017
How to Apply: Cover letter and CV sent to: [email protected]
As an organisation working across three regions our projects are constantly generating a large amount of interesting content in the form of project reports, site visit reports, case study interviews and photographs. We would like to improve the visibility of our work and impacts by sharing positive news and updates with a wide range of different audiences, and through different communication channels, on a regular basis.
We are seeking an intern to support with summarising and presenting project information for external stakeholders. The Programme Communications and Reporting Intern will be responsible for producing clear and compelling programme/project updates from existing material to be shared with a range of stakeholders and across a range of communication channels. The intern will directly be supporting the Programme Reporting and Grants Manager but will also have contact with our programme teams in Kenya and Nepal as well as becoming a member of our small Brighton based team.
Working from our Brighton office, we ask for a regular commitment of at least 2 days per week for a minimum period of 3 months. Our standard working hours are 9am – 6pm, though we can be flexible to suit. This position is unpaid; however we do offer a daily stipend of £10.
This position will provide the successful candidate with valuable on-the-job experience in the fields of communication, report writing, content creation as well experience of working in a small international NGO and exposure to the project management and donor reporting/management. This role would be ideally suited to an individual who has an interest in international development and project management.
Fundraising Events & Communications Intern
Reporting To: UK Events and Fundraising Officer
Salary: Unpaid voluntary position; however we do offer a daily stipend of £10
Duration: Minimum 2 days per week for a 3 month minimum commitment
Application Deadline: 30/04/2017
How to Apply: Email your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
We are currently looking to recruit a committed, enthusiastic and reliable Fundraising Events & Communications Intern to help manage our challenge event portfolio, including our flagship cycling event – Earth Wind & Tyre.
Working from our central Brighton office, we ask for a regular commitment of at least 2 days per week for a minimum period of 3 months. Our standard working hours are 9am – 5.30pm, though we can be flexible to suit. This position is unpaid; however we do offer a daily stipend of £10.
This position will provide the successful candidate with valuable on-the-job experience in the fields of fundraising, event management, communications, as well experience of working in a small international NGO and exposure to the renewable energy industry.
Your main areas of responsibility will include:
- Challenge events: helping to promote and recruit participants for our portfolio of challenge events. Supporting our fundraisers to reach their fundraising targets.
- Comms and PR: assist with event-related communications and publicity (including: e-marketing, social media content, web content and press releases), ensuring that our events and fundraisers are promoted across a range of communication channels.
- Earth Wind & Tyre: support the organisation, promotion and logistics of our flagship challenge event. This will include the recruitment of and ongoing communication with event participants, coordinating event sponsor package benefits, organise the logistics of the event and coordinate the design and procurement of the event merchandise.
- Support during Earth Wind & Tyre: be part of the event support team on 10-11 June, offering logistical support during the challenge.
- Data entry: helping to ensure our supporter database is kept up-to-date.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual who can work independently and is willing to contribute new ideas.
- An interest in events, fundraising and charity communications
- Must be available to work as part of the event support team for Earth Wind & Tyre (9-11 June 2017 inclusive)
- Determination to make our portfolio of challenge events a success
- Good customer service skills, particularly on the telephone
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- IT literate, competency in using Microsoft packages
- The ability to work well as part of a team but also on your own initiative
- Have a full driving licence and be willing to drive a support vehicle during Earth Wind & Tyre
- Experience of using WordPress, Photoshop, Publisher, Salesforce and Mailchimp
Apply for this role
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your availability and why you think you’re suited to the role.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible, so applications will be dealt with and assessed on a rolling basis, as they are received.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Nepal
Reporting To: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal - with frequent in-country travel in Nepal, occasional travel to other South Asia project sites Kathmandu
Duration: 12 months fixed term (subject to extension)
Renewable World is a not-for-profit organization who tackles poverty through enabling access to affordable, reliable renewable energy services. We are looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) officer with an experience in developing and implementing M&E system in the development field.
Bachelor Degree – International Development/Social Sciences/ Social Work/research methods with 2-3 years of experience
Master Degree – International Development/Social Sciences/ Social Work/research methods with 1 year of experience
An experience in designing, developing and implementing M&E questionnaires and tools; quantitative and qualitative analysis, preparing report for projects focussed on income generation, enterprise development and/or health and education;
The M&E officer will be responsible to manage M&E data collection activities, data analysis and synthesis and report preparation in conjunction with the project managers. This includes data collection (field and partners); data analysis (qualitative and quantitative analysis) and report writing. The M&E officer will work alongside project managers and implementing partners to perform surveys in accordance with RW agreed-on procedures and standards, and using the RW toolset. Importantly, the M&E officer is also responsible for ensuring all primary stakeholders (communities; local institutions; local leaders; government bodies; private sector entities and; financial institutions) are meaningfully engaged during the process.
The M&E officer will report to the M&E Manager and work closely with and be responsible to project managers.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter (1-page only) to email@example.com or
c./o IDE Nepal
PO Box 2674
Tel: + 977 155 20943
Last week of February (only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews)