Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Brighton, UK
An opportunity has arisen in our Brighton UK head office for a new enhanced role in leading financial management and support services at Renewable World. The CFO will report to and work closely with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) – the senior Executive- to lead effective financial management for this growing international charity. A close working relationship with the Head of Fundraising is also expected, including to provide financial analysis of funding and support income forecasting. The role will ensure that the two Regional Finance Managers provide complete, accurate, timely and relevant financial information for operations and programmes. The role will also manage a part time UK based Accountant in reporting results of that business unit.
As a small, ambitious non-profit organization we can offer an exciting and rewarding career, with flexible working, including opportunities to work from home and visit overseas offices.
Essential competency and experience requirements
- Qualified accountant or Accounting/Finance degree
- 7+ years of financial career experience within a global organization
- Strong and proven organizational skills in managing finance systems
- Previous experience in managing staff or stakeholders
- Strong financial analytical and problem-solving skills
- Functional knowledge of financial accounting systems and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Understanding of project/fund accounting and cost recoveries
- Effective communicator (including excellent written and verbal English) as demonstrated on financial and narrative reporting, and verbal skills
This job is UK and Brighton Office based.
Strictly no agency contact
Applications via Charity Job only