My Distance, My Charity, My Way
- When: 15-16 August 2020
- What: Virtual cycling event
- Where: This is a virtual event – so wherever is most convenient for you
- Distance: 19 miles, 46 miles, 100 miles, or set your own distance
- Registration fee: This event is free to enter
- Minimum fundraising pledge: There is no minimum fundraising pledge
This year, everyone can be part of the world’s greatest festival of cycling, as the Prudential RideLondon event goes virtual. So wherever you are and whatever your cycling ability, get on your bike (or scooter, skateboard, tandem, penny farthing, trike, unicycle) and join the free My RideLondon event for Renewable World. It’s your ride, your way, for your cause.
Whatever your wheels and wherever you are, ride for Renewable World and help us solve the global energy and climate crises. To join this virtual challenge, just follow these four simple steps.
1. Choose your challenge & register
Choose from one of four challenges for all ages and abilities, which you can do on a route of your choice, wherever you are in the world, on 15 or 16 August 2020:
• My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 19: (cycle only) is a 19-mile ride for modest riders in search of a challenge
• My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 46: (cycle only) is a 46-mile ride for riders who want to push the boundaries
• My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100: (cycle only) is a 100-mile ride for riders who want to go all-out
• My Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle: an event that allows you to set your own challenge (minimum distance 1km) on the wheels of your choice: bikes, scooters, skateboards, trikes, balance bikes, roller skates, wheelchairs or anything that is self-propelled (e-bikes are fine too)
2. Start fundraising
Once you’ve chosen your challenge and registered, the next step is to create your fundraising page.
Whilst you can use any fundraising provider of your choice, we would recommend using Virgin Money Giving (My RideLondon’s official fundraising partner) for this event. This is because they are set up to allow your supporters to donate directly to your fundraising page through the My Prudential RideLondon app as they track your ride.
Once you’ve set up your fundraising page, it’s then time to let people know what you’re doing, why you’re supporting Renewable World, and how they can sponsor you.
Don’t forget to spread the word on social media and encourage others to take part too! Make sure you use the hashtag #MyPRL and tag us @RenewableWorld.
Set your wheels in motion and complete your challenge over the weekend of 15 and 16 August!
Just before the event weekend of 15 and 16 August, you’ll be able to download the My Prudential RideLondon app – from here you can track, share and log your ride.
Once you’ve dowloaded the app and completed your challenge, you’ll be able to download and print your personalised finisher certificate. You can also create your own photo memento using one of two selfie frames in the app.
The final step is to nominate your family members, friends and colleagues to take part too. Together we can power people out of poverty for a lifetime!