Work With Us
We are always keen to work with like-minded people who share our passion for sustainable development. Though we don’t often have staff vacancies, there are occasionally new roles to fill and any positions (both paid and voluntary) we have available will be advertised below.
Events and Fundraising Assistant
Reporting To: UK Events and Fundraising Officer
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 per annum pro-rata (depending on experience)
Duration: 3 days per week, for 1 year (full-time during Earth Wind & Tyre build up and event), potential for extension of contract
Application Deadline: 03/03/2019
How to Apply: Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] (candidates that do not include a cover letter explaining why they feel they are well suited to this post will not be considered). Application Deadline: 20:00 on Monday 24 September 2018
Events and Fundraising Assistant
We are looking for a highly organised and motivated individual to join our fundraising team as an Events and Fundraising Assistant. You will work closely with the UK Events and Fundraising Officer to support the planning and delivery of our flagship cycling event, Earth Wind & Tyre, you will also lead on the delivery of our portfolio of other challenge, gala and community fundraising events.
This role is a new and exciting position that will allow us to grow and develop our portfolio of fundraising events. It is also an exciting time to be supporting Earth Wind & Tyre, as we gear up to deliver our 5th anniversary event. You will get involved in all aspects of organising and delivering this boutique and highly successful challenge event, including being part of our on the road support team during the event.
This job would be ideal for someone who is looking to take a step up from an administrative role, or for a candidate who is looking to develop in the events or fundraising sector. The successful candidate will be highly organised, creative and flexible, with exceptional attention to detail; they will work with drive, enthusiasm and a passion to succeed. We are also looking for someone with demonstrable work experience in a relevant role, which includes at least some of the below role responsibilities.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Earth Wind & Tyre Flagship Challenge Event Support (60%): your main focus in this role will be to support the planning, promotion and delivery of this boutique cycling event, ensuring we meet income targets and achieve satisfaction from participants and sponsors.
- Other Challenge Events Portfolio Management (20%): develop and manage the existing portfolio of charity challenge events such as bike rides, runs and swims, ensuring we meet income targets.
- Gala and Community Fundraising Events Portfolio Management (15%): manage Renewable World’s current commitments to run and support the raffle at the Scottish Green Energy Awards (Gala Event) and our community fundraising portfolio.
- General Administration (5%): supporting general office administration.
Download the full Job Spec
Please view/download the full Job Description for further information on the duties and responsibilities required in this role, as well as the personal specification.
How to apply
Candidates must apply with their CV and cover letter. Please send you application to [email protected]. Candidates that do not include a cover letter explaining why they feel they are well suited to this post will not be considered.
Application Deadline: Sunday 3 March 2019
Interviews: will be held on Wednesday 6th March 2019 (at our Brighton office)
ASAP (no later than beginning of April 2019)
Reporting To: Chief Operating Officer
Salary: £40,000 (depending on experience)
Application Deadline: 10/02/2019
How to Apply: [email protected]
An opportunity has arisen in our Brighton UK head office for senior a Finance professional financial to manage global finance under the direction and support of the Chief Operating Officer (COO) – a qualified Accountant – for this growing international charity. A close working relationship with the Head of Fundraising is also expected, including to provide financial analysis of funding and support income forecasting. The role will ensure that the two Regional Finance Managers provide complete, accurate, timely and relevant financial information for operations and programmes. The role will also manage a part time UK based Accountant in reporting results of that business unit.
As a small, ambitious non-profit organisation we can offer an exciting and rewarding career, with flexible working, including opportunities to work from home and visit overseas offices.
There is a possibility that this role could be part time at four days a week, at a pro rata salary due to flexibility in other roles.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Report global financial performance
- Produce monthly management accounts to a high standard of accuracy and clarity working alongside the UK Accountant and two Regional Finance Managers
- Lead and manage the global budgeting processes across the organisation(s)
- Prepare and maintain a rolling global forecast including scenarios for uncertain items
- Support the business plan with financial analysis and projections
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions following Renewable World financial policies and guidelines.
- Lead on the preparation of financial information for Board and Board Committee Meetings
- Prepare the annual UK charity audit in accordance with Charities SORP, support and review the regional branch and entity annual accounts
- Ensure global financial controls remains fit-for-purpose and complies with all relevant charity financial regulations and accounting practices.
Programme financial management
- Support and review regional project financial reporting on a monthly basis with implementing project managers and regional finance managers
- Calculate and allocate quarterly the restricted expenditure to project funds and transfer to the requisite projects and donors.
- Act as a project expenditure authority for funds transfer
- Ensure optimal programme full cost recovery policies and processes are in place for allocation of operational staff and overhead costs within rules and accepted practice.
- Provide support and critical review on project funding proposals budgets and their cost recoveries.
- Manage donor financial reporting, including income, debt and deferred income accurately and timely in accordance with each donors requirements, also working with the Grants Managers to ensure all donor financial reports are submitted accurately and on time
- Update global cash forecast monthly and feed into long term forecast model
- Ensure funds are managed in accordance with donor wishes and regional requirements
- Initiate global fund movements to ensure programme and operational commitments are met
- Process payments for operations and projects in accordance with policies and payment authorities.
- Manage inter-entity loan accounts.
- Ensure fit for purpose staff and HR policies are in place.
- Ensure pension scheme requirements are met.
- Lead on the relevant HR process for joiners, leavers and appraisals
- Oversight of Payroll run by the Accountant and regional teams
Essential competency and experience requirements
- Qualified accountant or Accounting/Finance degree
- 7+ years of financial career experience within a global organisation and direct international experience
- Strong and proven organisational skills in managing finance systems
- Previous experience in managing staff or stakeholders
- Strong financial analytical and problem-solving skills
- Functional knowledge of financial accounting systems and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Understanding of project/fund accounting and cost recoveries
- Effective communicator (including excellent written and verbal English) as demonstrated on financial and narrative reporting, and verbal skills
Who suits this role:
This role is ideal for a candidate who has good experience in charity finance and accounting but is now looking for broader and more senior management responsibility, but still happy to get their hands dirty! Alternatively, an experienced financial professional from a corporate background wanting to make a difference may relish the excitement, challenge and feel good factor of the non-profit sector.
Key selling points of the role:
- Opportunity to influence and shape
- Exciting international aspects with management of regional staff and scope for international travel
- Flexible working hours and flexible location between Brighton Office and home
- Vibrant North Laine Brighton location conveniently near the station.
- Young, small and growing organisation
- Fantastic long-term impact on our beneficiaries
- Employer Pension Scheme Contributions and Life Assurance
Please apply with a CV and covering letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the role and organisation.
This job is UK and Brighton Office based.