Work With Us
We are always keen to work with like-minded people who share our passion for sustainable development. Though we don’t often have staff vacancies, there are occasionally new roles to fill and any positions (both paid and voluntary) we have available will be advertised below.
Regional Financial and Administration Manager (South Asia)
Reporting To: Global Finance Manager (UK) and Country Director (Nepal)
Location: South Asia Office: Kupondole, Lalitpur, Nepal
Salary: Subject to experience and consummate to the role
Duration: 2 Year Contract
Application Deadline: 31/01/2020
How to Apply: [email protected]
Responsible for: Regional operational and financial management and reporting
To manage and report of the regional financial performance of the South Asia office and the regional programme and its projects.
To support the RW UK and South Asia regional team in all financial and administration aspects relating to the region.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Report the results of RWSA Branch timely and accurately to Global Finance Manager, CEO and Country Director.
- Cash management.
- Project financial management.
- Project proposal development (finance, administration and governance aspects)
- Administration, operational, statutory requirement and day to day running of the Nepal office and resource management
- Line manage Regional Finance & Administration team (2 people)
Essential competency and experience requirements
- Fully Qualified accountant (e.g. one of: ACA, CIMA, CPA, CA, ACCA).
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience in relevant field with relevant international NGO and institutional donors
- Functional knowledge of financial accounting systems, policies and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Educated to degree level in relevant discipline.
- Strong financial analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of project accounting.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and quick to learn in our fast-paced dynamic environment (arising out of the new projects and relationships).
- Keen attention to accounting detail and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver results on time.
- Effective communicator (including excellent written and verbal English) as demonstrated on financial and narrative reporting, and verbal skills.
- Office management, administration & procurement skills.
Desirable competency and experience requirements
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline.
- Working experience in administration and human resources
- Experience of donor fund (grant) accounting.
- Experience of QuickBooks.
- INGO compliance in Nepal (with Social Welfare Council requirements).
Terms and Conditions
Remuneration and Benefits: As per the rules and regulation of Renewable World
Hours of Work: Full time (Monday to Friday, 7.5 hrs per day, excluding lunch hour)
Annual Leave: As per organizational guidelines
Trustee – International development fundraising
Reporting To: Chair of Trustees
Application Deadline: 31/07/2019
How to Apply: [email protected]
Renewable World Trustee International development fundraising
Renewable World is an international charity tackling poverty through renewable energy. We work with local partners in East Africa and South Asia to provide renewable energy systems (e.g. solar and biogas) to remote communities in the developing world.
The next three years will be both exciting and challenging for the organisation as it plans to significantly scale up its programme to reach a greater number of beneficiaries in vulnerable communities. Our global goal is to enable 100,000 out of poverty by 2022 through the delivery of our renewable energy programme.
Our small staff team is passionate about empowering people to change their lives whilst also addressing environmental threats such as climate change.
There are currently opportunities for a new Trustee to join the nine current Trustees on Renewable World’s Board. We are particularly seeking candidates with strong expertise and experience in one or more of the following areas, in priority order:
- Institutional (or similar) fundraising experience and expertise
- International development in the voluntary sector
- International programme delivery
All will be suitably qualified, ideally have Board or similar experience, with a proven passion for environmental issues/renewable energy. More information can be found by visiting http://www.renewable-world.org/about-us/our-trustees
This role is unpaid and requires an active commitment including quarterly face to face meetings in London plus engagement in the work of board subcommittees (supported predominantly by conference calls) and a willingness to travel to Brighton or other parts of the country on occasion to attend meetings with staff and funders.
Applications close on Please send a CV with a supporting statement up to 200 words to [email protected] We will contact you to arrange an interview if you are shortlisted.
The Board is committed to increasing the diversity of its membership and welcomes applications from individuals across all sections of society.
Renewable World is a registered charity (no 1119467) and registered company (no 06005778) in England and Wales
Chair of Trustees (UK Board)
Reporting To: Board of Trustees
Location: Flexible but must travel to UK frequently
Application Deadline: 31/10/2019
How to Apply: [email protected]
Since 2007, Renewable World has worked with local partners in Africa, Asia and Central America, testing pioneering new ways in which renewable energy can transform the lives of some of the world’s poorest communities.
Our small global team are passionate about empowering people whilst also delivering against multiple Sustainable Development Goals, including Affordable and Clean Energy and Climate Action.
The provision of energy and water in an environmentally sustainable manner are huge challenges in the developing world. In many such countries only a small proportion of the population has access to the electricity grid, and the poorest members of the community rely on expensive alternatives which are both heavily polluting and injurious to health. Effective partnerships between NGOs, local communities, devolved government and private suppliers are required to reach the energy-less in these remote areas. This is where Renewable World places itself as a vital conduit to sustainable clean energy access.
Renewable World provides electricity and water in these challenging situations. We have supplied 3 500 households with clean energy and pumped over 450 million litres of water for drinking and irrigation to 84 communities across South Asia, East Africa and Central America, impacting on the lives of 40 thousand people. We are now working towards a strategic goal of 100 thousand beneficiaries by 2022 and must
As our current Chair will stand down in November 2019 after five years on the Board of Trustees, we are seeking to appoint a new Chair to lead us in taking forward this challenge. Working closely with the Board and senior management they will play a pivotal role in growing the organisation whilst ensuring its financial sustainability.
We are seeking a strategic minded individual with an ability to inspire others. You will be comfortable with elevating the profile of the charity, with leadership experience in the public, private or voluntary sector and experience of delivering effective governance. Ideally you will also be familiar with the role of a Non-Executive Director / Trustee.
We are seeking candidates who can also demonstrate strong skills/expertise/experience in the following areas:
- ability to mobilise a network of philanthropic contacts, both personal and within Renewable World
- strong communication skills with the ability to represent the charity externally at the highest levels, and ensure that the safeguarding and openness remain central tenets of the charity
- ability to Chair, lead and inspire the Board to achieve and extend the goals of the organisation
- ability to support, challenge, mentor and work in partnership with the Chief Executive,
- strong understanding of and attention to financial detail
This role is unpaid and requires an active commitment including quarterly face to face Board Meetings in London and more frequent conference calls (e.g. regular call with CEO; monthly and/or bimonthly board committee meetings). You must also be willing to travel to Brighton or other parts of the country on occasion to attend ad-hoc meetings with staff and funders.
Applications, which should include a CV with a supporting statement of up to 200 words, should be sent to Sarah Donnelly, Vice-Chair of Renewable World to [email protected]
Closing date: 31st October 2019 Renewable World is a registered charity (no 1119467) and registered company (no 06005778) in England and Wales.