Run like the wind for renewable energy
- When: 17 July 2020
- What: Running
- Where: Whitelee Windfarm (20 minutes SW of central Glasgow)
- Distance: 10k, Half Marathon, or 50k Ultra
- Registration fee: Varies depending on distance
- Minimum fundraising pledge: £200 – £500 (depending on event)
Run the Blades is a totally unique event held exclusively within the UK’s largest windfarm, Whitelee Windfarm (only 20 minutes from Glasgow). Choose from three distances: 10k (on Fri 17 July), Half Marathon or 50k Ultra (both on Sat 18 July).
Run the Blades makes trail running accessible for runners of all fitness and experience levels.
All three distances offer a challenging course across mixed moorland and forests, and past wind turbines that tower 140 metres above the trail. Fully supported by Whitelee Countryside Ranger Service, you’ll maybe chance upon one of the hundreds of species of birds, adders or deer that live within the boundaries of the wind farm. On a clear day, you’ll be able to see Glasgow and in the distance even the coast of Northern Ireland.
What better event to take part in whilst fundraising for renewable energy projects in developing countries? Come and be a part of it and raise vital funds for our life-changing work at the same time!
Download our Run the Blades registration form and let us know which event you would like to enter and return it by email or post. You can take part in the following events:
- 10k: £20 registration fee, £200 fundraising target
- Half Marathon: £25 registration fee, £350 fundraising target
- 50k Ultra: £30 registration fee, £500 fundraising target
Why run for us?
By running for Renewable World, you will be helping us bring clean and sustainable energy to some of the world’s most remote communities.
As part of our team you’ll receive:
- FREE Renewable World running t-shirt
- FREE fundraising pack full of top tips and advice on training and how to reach your fundraising target
- Extensive pre-race support from a dedicated member of staff
- Any information about Renewable World that you may need to show sponsors the difference their money will make.
Sign up today and help us power people out of poverty for a lifetime.
If you have any questions please email:
email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)1273 234 801.
Whether you are young or old, a classroom or a business, a sprinter or a couch potato, there is always something you can do to help raise funds and awareness to help create change in the world! Click here to find the best way for you to fundraise.
Photos courtesy of Run the Blades